MSA Focus is delighted to announce that it has once again been selected by Malaysia-based satellite broadcaster Astro, in a major new deal to supply its next generation broadcast management solution ForeTV Pulse.
As Astro began to plot its course for the future, with expansion, consolidation of workflow and a renewed focus on VOD services in mind; procurement protocols dictated that, after 15 years of running MSA Focus legacy system ForeTV, they must go to the market in open tender and consider the best the industry had to offer.
It is therefore a source of great pride and affirmation for MSA Focus, that at the end of this process Astro concluded that the comprehensive and adaptable feature-set provided by ForeTV Pulse, alongside MSA Focus’ competitive pricing model, capacity to provide local support and proven ability to deliver, offered the perfect solution.
Key features including a modern and intuitive UI, the ability to “build” and configure meta-data screens for role-based views, a comprehensive open API for ease of integration, and enhanced cloud-based workflow engine allowing the automation of legacy processes, all fit with Astro’s vision for a system to take them into the future.
As part of the project MSA Focus will undertake a series of partnership developments with Astro, enhancing existing Pulse functionality to better facilitate the evolution of Astro’s business. Areas provisionally identified for analysis include:
- Enhancements to the ForeTV Pulse VOD module to better support Astro’s programme packaging requirements. MSA Focus will also continue with roadmap developments to evolve its VOD offering to provide greater flexibility in benefit Astro’s VOD strategy moving forward.
- Investigations into functionality to support Astro’s future plans around the provision of shopping and retail channels.
- Enhanced MAM integration to provide greater flexibility and ease of media management through more comprehensive workflow driven synchronisation to support Astro’s evolving business needs.
“At MSA Focus we pride ourselves on a record of forward thinking and adaptable development” commented MSA Focus Regional Manager, Phua Lik Chin “As broadcasters evolve their businesses, it’s our job to provide the required solutions. The fact that Astro has again selected MSA Focus is a testament to our approach, and we very much look forward to continuing our partnership and growing what has been an extremely strong and rewarding working relationship”
ForeTV Pulse is an “end-to-end” integrated and scalable broadcast management system, providing a comprehensive technological solution for multi-platform content delivery, sales and inventory management. Alongside the same great functionality, reliability and ease of integration that ForeTV has come to represent, ForeTV Pulse offers a range of enhancements including:
- Advanced VOD capabilities
- Seamless integration through Planning, Sales and Presentation
- Late change notifications
- Enhanced Usability
- More Customisable views and functionality
- More Streamlined workflow
- Integrated BI reporting
- Clean, modern UI